There are people who play a “Shell Game” with Christians or those trying to find out more about the Christian faith. They use Faulty Logic to divert their focus from Biblical Proof and eyewitness accounts that Christ is the Son of God and make a faulty point to confuse them. They might say things such as:

The Bible says Jesus Christ Is the Son of God, but the Bible has inconsistencies, which they call lies.

This is a False Analogy, because the inconsistencies in the Bible are generally related to wording and writing style which doesn't invalidate the truthfulness of the Bible or that Jesus Christ is the Son of God!. On top of that, these people try to make Christians feel foolish for ever believing the Bible or that Jesus Christ Is the Son of God. Don’t fall prey to their Shell Game!"

Is It Inconsistent That God Sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to Save Us, But Some in the Book of Jeremiah Had Consequences Where They Die?

Is It Inconsistent That God Sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to Save Us, But Some in the Book of Jeremiah Had Consequences Where They Die?

I felt led to do this research, because there are some who try to dissuade others from believing in God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, because He has punished people over time, where some people have died. Having read the Bible from cover to cover many times, I wanted to research specifically to see if these consequences were unwarranted as they suggest. 

To do this research, I will use the New King James Version of the Bible, also known as NKJV, and internet resources, as needed. Since the Bible sometimes uses the word “him” and the word “he” within the same verse, I will include who is speaking and who is being spoken to within brackets if I determine it’s beneficial for clarity. 

Additionally, I will put my analysis, comments, observations, and conclusions within brackets, as well. For those who would like to read this research or previous Biblical Research Projects in their entirety, you can go to either of these two blogs I felt led to create: Biblical Proof! found at https://BiblicalProof.blogspot.com or Do Biblical Inconsistencies Really Matter? at https://Biblicalinconsistencies.blogspot.com/

[Note: At times, the same event will be in two different books of the Old Testament. In that case, I will analyze that event, most often, in only one of the books of the Bible, so the research is not repetitious.]

[The thing is, God gives us choices. We can choose to follow Him and his statutes, but when we don’t there are consequences. He most often explains what He expects/wants, and has prophets that will do this for him,  but there is always the alternative for those who worship idols, live wickedly, and lead others astray.]

[Although those listening to this on the podcast can’t tell, on the blogs I mentioned, I will have the portions highlighted in yellow that show God’s compassion, the negative consequence of their choices in green, and when they are warned in turquoise. Note: God often uses prophets to warn people of their poor choices, but regardless, God has already shared the 10 Commandments, with His statutes to not worship idols/false gods, as well.]

Jeremiah 5:18-19 says: “Nevertheless in those days,” says the Lord, “I will not make a complete end of you. And it will be when you say, ‘Why does the Lord our God do all these things to us?’ then you shall answer them, ‘Just as you have forsaken Me and served foreigin gods in your land, so shall you serve aliens in a land that is not yours.[Since they have chosen to worship foreign gods, they will be taken captive to those lands as a consequence and be servants, but the Lord will not make a total end of them.]

Jeremiah 7:5-7 says: “For if you thoroughly amend your ways and your doings if you thoroughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbor, if you do not oppress the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place, or walk after other gods to your hurt, then I will cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers forever and ever.” 7:9-10 goes on to say: Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, burn incense to Baal, and walk after other gods whom you do not know, and then come and stand before Me in this house which is called by My name, and say, ‘We are delivered to do all these abominations’? [Jeremiah gives the Israelites choices, because the Lord had told them that if they chose to change their wicked ways, they could live in the land He gave their ancestors, but instead they chose to act like it wasn’t their fault they were delivered to worship false gods and do abominations.]

Jeremiah 9:13-15 says: And the Lord said, “Because they have forsaken My law which I set before them, and have not obeyed My voice, nor walked according to it, but they have walked according to the dictates of their own hearts and after the Baals, which their fathers taught them, therefore thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: “Behold, I will feed them, this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink.[Although forewarned by Jeremiah, he continues to tell Israel the Lord is sad they have chosen to worship the idols, and thus they will have bitter calamity as a consequence for their choices.]

Jeremiah 11:9-13 says: And the Lord said to me, “A conspiracy has been found among the men of Judah and among the inhabitants of Jerusalem. They have turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers who refused to hear My words, and they have gone after other gods to serve them; the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken My covenant which I made with their fathers.” Therefore thus says the Lord; “Behold, I will surely bring calamity on them which they will not be able to escape; and though they cry out to me, I will not listen to them. Then the cities of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem will go and cry out to the gods to whom they offer incense, but they will not save them at all in the time of their trouble. For according to the number of your cities were your gods, O Judah; and according to the number of the streets of Jerusalem you have set up altars to that shameful thing, altars to burn incense to Baal.” 11:17 goes on to say: “For the Lord of hosts, who planted you, has pronounced doom against you for the evil of the house of Israel and of the house of Judah, which they have done against themselves to provoke Me to anger in offering incense to Baal.[Jeremiah says God is upset they chose to turn back to worshipping idols and will have calamity befall them, but they should go to those idols they chose to worship and see if they save them.] 

Jeremiah 12:15-17 says: “Then it shall be, after I have plucked them out, that I will return and have compassion on them and bring them back, everyone to his heritage and everyone to his land. And it shall be, if they will learn carefully the ways of My people, to swear by My name, “As the Lord lives,” as they taught My people to swear by Baal, then they shall be established in the midst of My people. But if they do not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, “ says the Lord. [Jeremiah tells them of God’s compassion and plans to bring them back to His land and worship Him instead of idols, but if they don’t choose to do that, they will have the consequences.] 

Jeremiah 13:9-10 says: “Thus says the Lord: ‘In this manner I will ruin the pride of Judah and the great pride of Jerusalem. This evil people, who refuse to hear My words, who follow the dictates of their hearts, and walk after other gods to serve them and worship them, shall be just like this sash which is profitable for nothing.” [God tells Jeremiah that in the same way the sash God asked him to hide was ruined, the people who choose to continue to worship idols are ruined as well, and aren't profitable for anything.] 

Jeremiah 14:15 says: “Therefore thus says the Lord concerning the prophets who prophesy in My name, whom I did not send, and who say, ‘Sword and famine shall not be in this land’- ‘By sword and famine those prophets shall be consumed! 14:22 goes on to say: Are there any among the idols of the nations that can cause rain? Or can the heavens give showers? Are You not He, O Lord our God? Therefore we will wait for You, Since You have made all these. [God has Jeremiah say that they shouldn’t choose to listen to false prophets who say there isn’t going to be a famine and war, which will be their downfall. Also, can the idols they choose to worship send rain, like God the creator of all things can?] 

Jeremiah 15:19-21 says: Therefore thus says the Lord: If you return, Then I will bring you back; You shall stand before Me; If you take out the precious from the vile, You shall be as My mouth. Let them return to you, But you must not return to them. And I will make you to this people a fortified bronze wall; And they will fight against you, But they shall not prevail against you: For I am with you to save you And deliver you,” says the Lord. “I will deliver you from the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem you from the grip of the terrible.[God has Jeremiah say that if the Israelites who choose to worship idols turn back to Him, He will bring them back/accept them, but if even if those who do wickedly return, they should not return to their choices of wickedness, because God is here to save them and protect them from the grip of the terrible.] 

Jeremiah 16:10-13 says: “And it shall be, when you show  this people all these words, and they say to you, ‘Why has the Lord pronounced all this great disaster against us? Or what is our iniquity? Or what is our sin that we have committed against the Lord our God?’ then you shall say to them, ‘Because your fathers have forsaken Me,’ says the Lord; ‘they have walked after other gods and have served them and worshiped them, and have forsaken Me and not kept My law. And you have done worse than your fathers, for behold, each one follows the dictates of his own evil heart, so that no one listens to Me. Therefore I will cast you out of this land into a land that you do not know, neither you nor your fathers; and there you shall serve other gods day and night, where I will not show you favor.[God tells Jeremiah to explain to them that this is happening to them, because they chose to worship idols like their fathers did and they have chosen to turn their back on God, so He will turn His back on them and cast them into a land where they can serve idols day and night.] 

Jeremiah 19:12-13 says: “Thus I will do to this place,” says the Lord, “and to its inhabitants, and make this city like Tophet. And the houses of Jerusalem and the houses of the kings of Judah shall be defiled like the place of Tophet, because of all the houses on whose roofs they have burned incense to all the host of heaven, and poured out drink offerings to other gods.”’ [The Lord tells Jeremiah that because these people chose to continue to worship idols and the host of heaven (Zodiac and/or horoscopes), God will make their place desolate as a consequence like Tophet-a place of abominations and of human sacrifice.]

Jeremiah 21:8-10 says:  “Now you shall say to this people, ‘Thus says the Lord: “Behold, I set before you the way of life and the way of death. He who remains in this city shall die by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence; but he who goes out and defects to the Chaldeans who besiege you, he shall live, and his life shall be as a prize to him. For I have set My face against this city for adversity and not for good,” says the Lord. “It shall be given into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall burn it with fire.”’ [God has Jeremiah warn that if they choose to go with the Chaldeans, their lives will be spared, but if they choose to stay there, they will die when the king of Babylon burns their city.] 

Jeremiah 22:8-9 says: “And many nations will pass by this city; and everyone will say to his neighbor, ‘Why has the Lord done so to this great city?’ Then they will answer, ‘Because they have forsaken the covenant of the Lord their God, and worshiped other gods and served them.’” [When they wonder why these things happened to their city, it’s because they have chosen to forsake the covenant of the Lod and have chosen instead to worship idols.]

Jeremiah 23:3-8 says: “But I will gather the remnant of My flock out of all countries where I have driven them, and bring them back to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. I will set up shepherds over them who will feed them; and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, nor shall they be lacking,” says the Lord. Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “That I will raise to David a branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth. In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: The Lord Our Righteousness. Therefore, behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord, “that they shall no longer say, ‘As the Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,’ but, ‘As the Lord lives who brought up and led the descendants of the house of Israel from the north country and from all the countries where I had driven them.’ And they shall dwell in their own land.” [God tells Jeremiah that He will bring back a remnant of His people from other countries where they had been captive for their decision to worship idols. God shares that He will raise a King from the Branch of David who will execute judgment and righteousness on the earth and will be called The Lord Our Righteousness-a.k.a. Jesus Christ.]

Jeremiah 24:5-10 says: “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: ‘Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge those who are carried away captive from Judah, whom I have sent out of this place for their own good, into the land of the Chaldeans. ‘For I will set My eyes on them for good, and I will bring them back to this land; I will build them and not pull them down, and I will plant them and not pluck them up. Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the Lord; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart. And as the bad figs which cannot be eaten, they are so bad’- surely thus says the Lord- ‘so will I give up Zedekiah the king of Judah, his princes, the residue of Jerusalem who remain in this land, and those who dwell in the land of Egypt. I will deliver them to trouble into all the kingdoms of the earth, for their harm, to be a reproach and a byword, a taunt and a curse, in all places where I shall drive them. And I will send the sword, the famine, and the pestilence among them, till they are consumed from the land that I gave to them and their fathers.’” [God compares good and bad figs with Jeremiah, the good figs/people who choose to worship the Lord will return from their captivity, but the bad figs/people who choose to continue to worship idols will suffer consequence of the sword, famine, and pestilence from where there driven.]

Jeremiah 26:2-3 says: “Thus says the Lord: ‘Stand in the court of the Lord’s house, and speak to all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the Lord’s house, all the words that I command you to speak to them. Do not diminish a word. Perhaps everyone will listen and turn from his evil way, that I may relent concerning the calamity which I purpose to bring on them because of the evil of their doings.’ 26:11-13 further says: And the priests and the prophets spoke to the princes and all the people, saying, “This man deserves to die! For he has prophesied against this city, as you have heard with your ears. Then Jeremiah spoke to all the princes and all the people, saying, “The Lord sent me to prophesy against this house and against this city with all the words that you have heard. Now therefore, amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the Lord your God; then the Lord will relent concerning the doom that He has pronounced against you.” 26:16 goes on to say: So the princes and all the people said to the priests and the prophets, “This man does not deserve to die. For he has spoken to us in the name of the Lord our God.” Then 26:24 says: Nevertheless the hand of Ahikam the son of Shaphan was with Jeremiah, so that they should not give him into the hand of the people to put him to death[They want to kill Jeremiah for prophesying things they didn’t want to hear, but once they realize that he has done this for the Lord to warn them of their consequences if they choose to continue to worship idols, so they can choose to amend their ways and avoid calamity.]

Jeremiah 29:7-10 says: And seek the peace of the city where I have caused you to be carried away captive, and pray to the Lord for it; for in its peace you will have peace. For thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are in your midst deceive you, nor listen to your dreams which you cause to be dreamed. For they prophesy falsely to you in My name; I have not sent them says the Lord. 29:11-12 goes on to say: Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 29:15-17 further says: Because you have said, “The Lord has raised up prophets for us in Babylon- therefore thus says the Lord concerning the king who sits on the throne of David, concerning all the people who dwell in this city, and concerning your brethren who have not gone out with you into captivity- thus says the Lord of hosts: Behold, I will send on them the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, and will make them like rotten figs that cannot be eaten, they are so bad. 29:32 yet says: Therefore thus says the Lord: Behold, I will punish Shemaiah, the Nehelamite and his family: he shall not have anyone to dwell among this people, nor shall he see the good that I will do for My people, says the Lord, because he has taught rebellion against the Lord.” [Also in Jeremiah 27:7-22] [God has Jeremiah tell them they will have peace in Babylon where they are taken captive if they choose to pray to the Lord and seek peace and don’t listen to the false prophets, who will end up being killed by the sword, pestilence, and famine in their former country, because of their choice to continue to worship idols.] 

Jeremiah 30:3 says: ‘For behold, the days are coming,’ says the Lord, ‘that I will bring back from captivity My people Israel and Judah,’ says the Lord. And I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.’ 30:11 goes on to say: ‘For I am with you,’ says the Lord, ‘to save you; Though I make a full end of all nations where I have scattered you, Yet I will not make a complete end of you. But I will correct you in justice, And will not let you go altogether unpunished.’ 30:18 further says: “Thus says the Lord; ‘Behold, I will bring back the captivity of Jacob’s tents, And have mercy on his dwelling places; The city shall be built upon its own mound, And the palace shall remain according to its own plan.” 30:22 yet says: You shall be My people, And I will be your God.’” [The Lord God will have mercy on Israel and Judah and bring them back from captivity, so they can possess their land again, although they will be justly punished for their prior choices to worship false gods.] 

Jeremiah 31:3-4 says: The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt. O virgin of Israel! You shall again be adorned with your tambourines, And shall go forth in the dances of those who rejoice.” [The Lord says through Jeremiah that He has loved Israel all along and they will be rebuilt.] 

Jeremiah 32:17-18 says: ‘Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You. You show lovingkindness to thousands, and repay the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them- the Great, the Mighty God, whose name is the Lord of hosts.’ 32:37-40 go on to say: ‘Behold, I will gather them out of all countries where I have driven them in My anger, in My fury, and in great wrath; I will bring them back to his place, and I will cause them to dwell safely. They shall be My people, and I will be their God; then I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for the good of them and their children after them. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me.’ 32:42 further says: ‘For thus says the Lord: Just as I have brought all this great calamity on this people, so I will bring on them all the good that I have promised them.’ [God created the heavens and earth with His power and He is loving. All those who had been in captivity for worshipping false gods will return and love Him as their Lord. Although they had a consequence for turning from God, now that they are turned to the Lord, He will have good things for them.]   

Jeremiah 33:8-9 says: ‘Then I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by which they have sinned and by which they have transgressed against Me. Then it shall be to Me a name of joy, a praise, and an honor before all nations of the earth, who shall hear all the good that I do to them; they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and all the prosperity that I provide for it.’ 33:11 goes on to say: ‘the voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the voice of those who will say: “Praise the Lord of hosts, For the Lord is good, For His mercy endures forever- and of those who will bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the Lord. For I will cause the captives of the land to return as at the first, says the Lord.[God is going to forgive the iniquity of the Israelites who had turned away from Him and chose to worship false gods. Additionally, it will be well known of all the goodness and prosperity the Lord will give them, because His mercy endures forever.]

Jeremiah 35:16-17 says: “Surely the sons of Jonadab the son of Rechab have performed the commandment of their father, which he commanded them, but this people has not obeyed Me. Therefore thus says the Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘behold, I will bring on Judah and on all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the doom that I have pronounced against them; because I have spoken to them but they have not heard, and I have called to them but they have not answered.”’ 35:18-19 further says: And Jeremiah said to the house of the Rechabites, ‘Thus  says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘Because you have obeyed the commandment of Jonadab your father, and kept all his precepts and done according to all that he commanded you, therefore thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: “Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not lack a man to stand before Me forever.”’  [God says through Jeremiah that Israel, Judah, and Jerusalem will have doom befall on them, because they have not chosen to follow God, although forewarned, but Jonadab will continue to have a descendant before God, because they chose to follow God’s will.] 

Jeremiah 36:3 says: “It may be that the house of Judah will hear all the adversities which I purpose to bring upon them, that everyone may turn from his evil way, that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin. 36:5-7 goes on to say: Jeremiah commanded Baruch, saying, “I am confined, I cannot go into the house of the Lord. You go, therefore, and read from the scroll which you have written at my instruction, the words of the Lord, in the hearing of the people in the Lord’s house on the day of fasting. And you shall also read them in the hearing of all Judah who come from their cities. It may be that they will present their supplication before the Lord, and everyone will turn from his evil way, for great is the anger and the fury that the Lord has pronounced against this people.” 36:23-24 further says: And it happened, when Jehudi had read three or four columns, that the king cut it with the scribe’s knife and cast it into the fire that was on the hearth, until all the scroll was consumed in the fire that was on the hearth. Yet they were not afraid, nor did they tear their garments, the king nor any of his servants who heard all these words. 36:26 yet says: And the king commanded Jerameel the king’s son, Seriah the son of Azriel, and Shelemiah the son of Abdeel, to seize Baruch the scribe and Jeremiah the prophet, but the Lord hid them. 36:29-31 goes on to say: “And you shall say to Jehoiakim king of Judah, ‘Thus says the Lord: “You have burned this scroll, saying, ‘Why have you written in it that the king of Babylon will certainly come and destroy this, and cause man and beast to cease from here?”’ Therefore thus says the Lord concerning Jehoiakim king of Judah: “He shall have no one to sit on the throne of David, and his dead body shall be cast out to the heat of the day and the frost of the night. I will punish him, his family, and his servants for their iniquity; and I will bring on them, on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and on the men of Judah all the doom that I have pronounced against them; but they did not heed.’[God has Jeremiah warns Judah of their choices so they might choose to turn their evil ways around and God would forgive them and they won’t have the consequence for worshipping idols. Unfortunately, king Jehoiakim chose to cut the scroll that held this warning and threw it in the fire. Therefore, he will have the consequence for this and will not have any descendants on the throne. Additionally, none of Judah changed from their evil ways.]

Jeremiah 37:1-2 says: Now King Zedekiah the son of Josiah reigned instead of Coniah the son of Jehoiakim, whom Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon made king in the  land of Judah. But neither he nor his servants nor the people of the land gave heed to the words of the Lord which He spoke by the prophet Jeremiah. 37:16-17 goes on to say: when Jeremiah entered the dungeon and the cells, and Jeremiah had remained there many days, then Zedekiah the king sent and took him out. The king asked him secretly in his house, and said, “Is there any word from the Lord?” And Jeremiah said, “There is.” Then he said, “You shall be delivered into the hand of the king of Babylon!” Jeremiah 37:20-21 further says: “Therefore please hear now, O my lord the king. Please, let my petition be accepted before you, and do not make me return to the house of Jonathan the scribe, lest I die there.” Then Zedekiah the king commanded that they should commit Jeremiah to the court of the prison, and that they should give him daily a piece of bread from the bakers’ street, until all the bread in the city was gone. Thus Jeremiah remained in the court of the prison. [They chose to listen to the prophet Jeremiah and put him in a prison dungeon. God let him know he would be turned into the hands of the king of Babylon, and Zedekiah said they should give Jeremiah a daily piece of bread until the city’s bread runs out.]

Jeremiah 38:6 says: So they took Jeremiah and cast him into the dungeon of Malchiah the king’s son, which was in the court of the prison, and they let Jeremiah down with ropes. And in the dungeon there was no water, but mire. So Jeremiah sank in the mire [mud]. 38:12-13 goes on to say: Then Ebed-Melech the Ethiopian said to Jeremiah, “Please put these old clothes and rags under your armpits, under the ropes.” And Jeremiah did so. So they pulled Jeremiah up with ropes and lifted him out of the dungeon. And Jeremiah remained in the court of the prison.” 38:17-18 further says: Then Jeremiah said to Zedekiah, “Thus says the Lord, the God of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘If you surely surrender to the king of Babylon’s princes, then your soul shall live; this city shall not be burned with fire, and you and your house shall live. But if you do not surrender to the king of Babylon’s princes, then this city shall be given into the hand of the Chaldeans’ they shall burn it with fire, and you shall not escape from their hand.”’ [After they pull Jeremiah from the mire with ropes, he tells Zedekiah that God tells him that if they surrender to Babylon’s princes, he will live, but if he chooses not to, he will lose his life when the Chaldeans burn the city with fire. Unfortunately, he didn’t choose to listen to God’s warning.] 

Jeremiah 39:7-8 says: Moreover he [king of Babylon] put out Zedekiah’s eyes, and bound him with bronze fetters to carry him off to Babylon. And the Chaldeans burned the king’s house and the houses of the people with fire, and broke down the walls of Jerusalem. 39:14 goes on to say: then they sent someone to take Jeremiah from the court of the Prison, and committed him to Gedaliah the son of Ahikam, the son of Shaphan, that he should take him home. So he dwelt among the people.  [The king of Babylon tortured Zedekiah and took him to Babylon and the Chaldeans burned his and the city’s houses as he had been warned. God had Jeremiah released from prison and he was able to dwell among the people.] 

Jeremiah 42:5-6 says: So they said to Jeremiah, “Let the Lord be a true and faithful witness between us, if we do not do according to everything which the Lord your God sends us by you. Whether it is pleasing or displeasing, we will obey the voice of the Lord our God to whom we send you, that it may be well with us when we obey the voice of the Lord our God.” 42:11-13 goes on to say: ‘Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, of whom you are afraid; do not be afraid of him,’ says the Lord, for I am with you, to save you and deliver you from his hand. And I will show you mercy, that he may have mercy on you and cause you to return to your own land.’ But if you say, ‘We will not dwell in this land,’ disobeying the voice of the Lord your God, 42:19 further says: “The Lord has said concerning you, O remnant of Judah, “Do not go to Egypt!’ Know certainly that I have admonished you this day. 42:22 yet says: “Now therefore, know certainly that you shall die by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence in the place where you desire to go to dwell. [They tell Jeremiah that they will follow the Lord whether it’s pleasing or not. God tells them to choose to stay there and not to be afraid of the king of Babylon, because God is with them. God warns them if they choose to not listen to His warning, they will have the consequence of sword, pestilence, famine.] 

Jeremiah 43:4 says: So Johanan the son of Kareah, all the captains of the forces, and all the people would not obey the voice of the Lord, to remain in the land of Judah. 43:12-13 goes on to say: I will kindle a fire in the houses of the gods of Egypt, and he shall burn them and carry them away captive. And he shall array himself with the land of Egypt, as a shepherd puts on his garment, and he shall go out from there in peace. He shall also break the sacred pillars of Beth Shemesh that are in the land of Egypt; and the houses of the gods of the Egyptians he shall burn with fire.”’ [They didn’t follow God’s warning to stay in Egypt, so He said that they would be taken away captive, because of their choices and the sacred pillars and houses of god in Egypt will be burned.]

Jeremiah 44:4-5 says: ‘However I have sent to you all My servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, “Oh, do not do this abominable thing that I hate!” ‘But they did not listen or incline their ear to turn from their wickedness, to burn no incense to other gods. So My fury and My anger were poured out and kindled in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem; and they are wasted and desolate, as it is this day.’ 44:11 goes on to say: “Therefore thus says the Lord for the hosts, the God of Israel: ‘Behold, I will set My face against you for catastrophe and for cutting off all Judah.” 44:15-16 further says: Then all the men who knew that their wives had burned incense to other gods, with all the women who stood by, a great multitude, and all the people who dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying: “As for the word that you have spoken to us in the name of the Lord, we will not listen to you!” 44:29 yet says: ‘And this shall be a sign to you,” says the Lord, ‘that I will punish you in this place, that you may know that My words will surely stand against you for adversity.’  [God reminds them that He sent prophets to them warning them about not worshipping idols. They chose not to listen which is why the streets and cities of Jerusalem are desolate now, but they still would not listen to the warnings and had the consequences.]

Jeremiah 45:2 says: “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, to you, O Baruch: 45:5 goes on to say: “And do you seek great things for yourself? Do not seek them; for behold, I will bring adversity on all flesh,” says the Lord. But I will give  your life to you as a prize in all places, wherever you go.”’ [God lets Baruch know that He would save his life, even though the others had the consequence of not listening to God’s warning.]

Jeremiah 46:25-26 says: The Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, says: “Behold, I will bring punishment on Amon of No, and Pharaoh and Egypt, with their gods and their kings-Pharaoh and those who trust in him. “And I will deliver them into the hand of those who seek their lives, into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon and the hand of his servants. Afterward it shall be inhabited as in the days of old,” says the Lord. 46:28 goes on to say: Do not fear, O Jacob My servant,” says the Lord, “For I am with you; For I will make a complete end of all the nations To which I have driven you, But I will not make a complete end of you. I will rightly correct you, For I will not leave you wholly unpunished.” [God warns that because of their choice to worship idols and kings, Amon, the Pharaoh, and Egypt will be delivered into the hands of those who seek their lives. The Lord is with the people of Jacob, so there won’t be a complete end of them, even though they will have a punishment for choosing to turn to idols and not following God’s warnings.] 

Jeremiah 48:35 says: “Moreover,” says the Lord, “I will cause to cease in Moab The one who offers sacrifices in the high places And burns incense to his gods. 48:46-47 goes on to say: Woe to you, O Moab! The people of Chemosh perish; For your sons have been taken captive, And your daughters captive. Yet I will bring back the captives of Moab In the latter days,” says the Lord. [God warns He will punish those who choose to worship idols and sacrifice to them and they will be taken captive, but will be brought back in later times.] 

Jeremiah 50:20 says: In those days and in that time,” says the Lord, “The iniquity of Israel shall be sought, but there shall be none; And the sins of Judah, but they shall not be found; For I will pardon those whom I preserve. 50:32-34 goes on to say: The most proud shall stumble and fall, And no one will raise him up; I will kindle a fire in his cities, And it will devour all around him.Thus says the Lord of Hosts: “The children of Israel were oppressed, Along with the children of Judah; All who took them captive have held them fast; They have refused to let them go. Their Redeemer is strong; The Lord of hosts is His name. He will thoroughly plead their case, That He may give rest to the land, And disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon.” [God says that He will pardon Judah and Israel and will not remember their iniquity and will protect them from those who took them captive and chose to oppress them.]

[In my humble opinion, this research is extremely significant! It shows that no matter how many times we get led astray or have made poor choices in our lives, the Lord is willing to forgive us when we apologize and turn back to Him.]

……………………………………………………………………………..

[How do we know that God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son for Us?]

[Think about it. How Could the Exact Things Done to Jesus, be Predicted All These 100+ Years Before His Birth, if it weren't for God the Father's Having Prophets Write These Predictions down to Be Included in the Bible! God knew that some would doubt, so He left us Biblical evidence, so We Know Jesus is Truly the Son of God by Fulfilling These Predictions!]

       Prediction in Psalm About Jesus being God’s Son

[God Letting David Know Something He Will Say to His Only Begotten Son, Jesus]

·         I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto Me, Thou art My Son; this day have I begotten Thee. Psalm 2:7

·         New Testament Proof this prediction was fulfilled: God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that He hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second Psalm, Thou art My Son, this day, have I begotten Thee. Acts 13:33

Predicting a Virgin will Bear the Son of God

·         Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. Butter and honey shall He eat, that He may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good. For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings. Isaiah 7:14-16

·         New Testament Proof of Prediction fulfilled: Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away secretly. But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. '' and she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.” Then Joseph, being aroused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took to him his wife, and did not know her till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name Jesus. Matthew 1:18-25

Plot to Betray Jesus:

Predicting the 30 Pieces of Silver Judas was Given to Betray Jesus, is Used for Potter's Field

·         And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. And the Lord said unto me, cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was [priced] of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord. Zechariah 11:12-13

·         New Testament Proof of the Prediction fulfillment: And they consulted together and bought with them the potter’s field, to bury strangers in. Therefore that field has been called the Field of Blood to this day. Then was fulfilled what was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying, “And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the value of Him who was priced, whom they of the children of Israel priced, “and gave them for the potter’s field, as the Lord directed me.” Matthew 27:7-10  

This Predicts Jesus' Disciple, Judas, Would Betray Him

·         Yea, Mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of My bread, hath lifted up his heel against Me. Psalm 41:9

·         This is More than just New Testament Proof of fulfillment, because this particular Bible passage shows Jesus knows full well He is going to be betrayed by Judas. Who else could do that, but God’s Son, Jesus? : When Jesus had said these things, He was troubled in spirit, and testified and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me.” Then the disciples looked at one another, perplexed about whom He spoke. Now there was leaning on Jesus’ bosom one of His disciples whom Jesus loved. Simon Peter therefore motioned to him to ask who it was of whom He spoke. Then, leaning back on Jesus’ breast, he said to Him, “Lord, who is it?” Jesus answered, “It is he to whom I shall give a piece of bread when I have dipped it.” And having dipped the bread, He gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. Now after the piece of bread, Satan entered him [Judas]. Then Jesus said to him, “What you do, do quickly.” But no one at the table knew for what reason He said this to him. For some thought, because Judas had the money box, that Jesus had said to him, “Buy those things we need for the feast, “ or that he should give something to the poor. Having received the piece of bread, he then went out immediately, And it was night. John 13:21-30

·         More New Testament Proof of the Prediction fulfillment: And while He [Jesus] was still speaking, behold, Judas, one of the twelve, with a great multitude with swords and clubs, came from the chief priests and elders of the people. Now His betrayer had given them a sign, saying “Whomever I kiss, He is the One; seize Him.” Immediately he went up to Jesus and said, “Greetings, Rabbi!” and kissed Him. But Jesus said to him, “Friend, why have you come?” Then they came and laid hands on Jesus and took Him. Matthew 26:47-50

Predicts That Jesus Will Be Beat and Spit Upon Before They Crucify Him 

·         The Lord God hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back. I gave My back to the smitters, and My cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not My face from shame and spitting. For the Lord God will help Me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set My face like flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. Isaiah 50:6-7

·         New Testament Proof of the Prediction fulfillment: Then released he Barabas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified. Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers. And they stripped Him, and put on Him a scarlet robe. And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon His head, and a reed in His right hand: and they bowed the knee before Him, and mocked Him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews! And they spit upon Him, and took the reed, and smote Him on the head. And after that they had mocked Him, they took the robe off from Him, and put His own raiment on Him, and led Him away to crucify Him. Matthew 27:26-31 [Jesus knew He would have to go through all of this in order to save us from our sins, so that believers could have salvation in heaven with Him, some day. If it were me, and I knew people were going to spit on me, mock me, and beat me, it would have been a real game changer, but Jesus went through all of this for us anyway, knowing all of this in advance!] 

Predicting Bystanders Would Divide Jesus' Clothes & Cast Lots for His Coat

·         They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon My vesture. Psalm 22:18

·         New Testament Proof of the Prediction fulfillment: Then they crucified Him, and divided His garments, casting lots, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet: “They divided My garments among them. And for My clothing they cast lots.” Matthew 27:35

Predicts The Piercing of Jesus' Hands & Feet When They Nailed Him on the Cross

·         For dogs have compassed Me: the assembly of the wicked have [enclosed] Me: they pierced My hands and My feet. Psalm 22:16

·         New Testament Proof of the Prediction fulfillment- the same day Jesus arose from the grave: Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, “Peace to you.” But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit. And He said to them, “Why are you troubled? And why do doubts arise in your hearts? “Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.” When He had said this, he showed them His hands and His feet. Luke 24:36-40

100’s of years before Jesus was Born, It was predicted What Jesus would Say on the Cross When He Died for Our Redemption:

·         My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me? Why art Thou so far from helping Me, and from the words of My roaring? Psalm 22:1

·         New Testament Proof this verse was fulfilled is in Matthew 27:45-46: Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”

Predicting Jesus Wouldn't Suffer Corruption [ His body wouldn’t rot!]

·         For Thou wilt not leave My soul in hell; neither wilt Thou suffer Thine Holy One to see corruption. Psalm 16:10

·         The fulfillment of this verse is in John 20:25-29 when Jesus shows Himself to the disciples the second time after arising from the grave: The other disciples therefore said to him [Thomas], We have seen the Lord.” So he [Thomas] said to them, unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.” And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He [Jesus] said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

[You’ve heard all these predictions of Jesus being the Only Begotten Son of God, His Birth, Betrayal, Death, and Resurrection and the Fulfillment of these. Here are some additional noteworthy passages, so you are not led astray by those who would try to dissuade Christians from believing in God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.]

Jude Forewarns Us of Those Trying to Lead Believers Astray from Love of God and Jesus Christ, His Son

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called: Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied. Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude v.1-4

Jesus Christ, God's Son,  Washed Our Sins From Us When He Died and Arose from the Dead

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Revelation 1:5-6

[Jesus Tells John in the Book of Revelation of Jesus Christ: They Should Stay Strong, Hold Fast, and Repent, because Jesus Comes Like a Thief in the Night, and Believers Undefiled Shall Walk in White with Him & Jesus Will Not Blot Out Their Name from the Book of Life, but Will Confess Their Name to God the Father, and They Should Focus on What the Holy Spirit Says to the Churches]

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white [clothes]; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels. He that hath and ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Revelation 3:2-7

………………………………………..

[After all my research analysis, I have determined that it is very consistent that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to Save us, but the consequence for some in the book of Jeremiah where they died.]

[God gives them and us choices. If we worship the Lord God and follow His statutes, He will provide for us and support us, but if we choose to turn our backs on Him, He will turn His back on us.] 

[Much the same as it says in Deuteronomy 7:16: “Also you shall destroy all the peoples whom the Lord your God delivers over to you; your eye shall have no pity on them; nor shall you serve their gods, for that will be a snare to you.”]

[Why is it significant that God gave His Only Begotten Son to Save Us?]

Romans 6:23 says: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.  

1 John 4:9-10 says: In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation/substitute for our sins.

1 Peter 1:17-21 says: And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’ work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.]

[Not only do I base my analysis on all the predictions about Jesus in the Old Testament and fulfillment in the New Testament, but also on the following Bible verses.]

When He [Jesus] had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold the, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove alighting upon Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” Matthew 3:16-17

It came to pass in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan [River]. And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove. Then a voice came from heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”  Mark 1:9-11

When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.” Luke 3:21-22

And John [the Baptist] bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him [Jesus.]  “I did not know Him, but He [God the Father] who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.” Again, the next day, John [the Baptist] stood with two of his disciples. And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, “Behold the Lamb of God!” John 1:32-36

At Jesus’ Transfiguration before He betrayed: While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!” Matthew 17:5

And a cloud came and overshadowed them; and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!” Mark 9:7

While he [Peter] was saying this, a cloud came and overshadowed them; and they were fearful as they entered the cloud. And a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him!” Luke 9:34-35

“Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour. “aAther, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came from heaven, saying, “I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.” John 12:27-28

For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” 2 Peter 1:16-17

Remember John 3:16-21 where Jesus says:

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

[My advice to you is to follow Jesus, the Light of the World, that can lead believers to Salvation in Heaven with Him someday.]

Translate